Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Weight Loss Wednesday: My Goal

My ultimate weight loss goal is 40 pounds in 40 weeks. That may sound a little arbitrary, but there is actually some logic to it. I was pregnant for 40 weeks and I gained 40 pounds during my pregnancy. I figure if I can gain it during that time frame, I should be able to lose it during that time frame as well. I lost 15 pounds right off the bat just from giving birth and I have gained 2 pounds back, so if you're following along with the math, I lost 13 pounds and have 27 left to lose. My son is now 12 weeks old, so my goal is still quite feasible.

I will attempt to check in every Wednesday and report my progress (hopefully the scales will go down) as well as my weekly goals. If you are also trying to lose weight (because isn't everybody?), feel free to report as well. Or not--believe me, I know it's intimidating to post that kind of thing online.

My goal this week: find somebody to watch my kids twice a week so I can go running.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Keri. Give me two more months and I will be with you in the loss the baby weight battle.
    Do you know when Chuck starts again?

    ReplyDelete