Friday, October 2, 2009

Hole-y deliciousness

To celebrate my son's decision to take a two-hour nap today, I made homemade bagels. I have never made homemade bagels before.
My conclusions:
  • They are a lot of work. It is even trickier holding a baby (who woke up right at the tricky, hands-on part).
  • I am not completely convinced that I cooked them the whole way through. Hopefully I do not get salmonella poisoning.
  • They are not very pretty. Next time, I will purchase one of those cooking brush things instead of spreading the eggs around with my fingers. Also, the holes need to be smaller.
  • Salt bagels are wonderful! Why have I never been introduced to these before? Thank you to whichever of my friends left the box of coarse salt with me before moving.
  • In fact, all of them are so stinking delicious that these may not make it until my husband gets home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment