Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Things I don't say out loud (installment 1)

I've decided to instigate a new feature on this blog. From time to time I may blog things that for one reason or another I don't ever actually say out loud. This one is inspired by all the people who seem to have recently figured out that other people with children my son's age are pregnant again.

There are myriad reasons why I am not currently pregnant. None of them is your business. Please do not proceed to ask me how many children I "plan" to have or when I think the next one might show up. I find those questions uncomfortable to discuss with someone I have known for less than two months. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. But don't you think two is just a perfectly rounded number. Who says we have to have more than two? Unless of course you want more than two, then I hope it happens for you.

    As for me. I'm pooped out. And taking a break. As if I had any control over the matter anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this post!!!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie Boddeker CraigOctober 9, 2010 at 9:19 AM

    YES!!! And not having kids yet at 28 seems to shock people too. :) I cant believe someone asked you when the next one might show up. Thats just a strange thing to say.

    I miss getting to hear the things you think and am glad you are going to post some :)

    Miss you!!! ~ Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny! Wait until you actually do have 3 (assuming you do - not that it's any of my business!)! You wouldn't believe how many perfect strangers will comment on how many kids you/I have and basically tell you/me it's time to stop. What!!!???
    I guess I'm too Mormon, because 3 doesn't seem like many to me, but that's beside the point! Like you said, it's none of their business!

    ReplyDelete